1. In these terms and conditions "we", "our" and "us" refers Portland Plumbing & Heating, "you" and "your" refers to you the customer and "the work" means the work specified in our written quotation to you.
2. The terms and conditions govern all contracts entered into by us to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. By paying the deposit referred to overleaf you acknowledged and accept this.
3. The work will be carried out during our normal working hours (Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm) unless otherwise stated.
4. If you require work to be carried outside of our normal working hours we will make an additional charge which we will notify you of in advance.
5. The time estimate for carrying out the work is our best estimate but we cannot be held responsible for delays due to inclement weather, Acts of God or other events outside our control.
6. To do the work, we may use sub-contractors approved by us
7. The work will be carried out in accordance with the specification which may be altered only with our written consent prior to commencement of work, when the quotation may be adjusted accordingly if we so wish.
8. The price quoted does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste material, such as asbestos, unless otherwise specified in the quotation. Any such work which we undertake at our absolute discretion will be at extra cost.
9. Where flues pass through an outside wall we will endeavour to ensure that when filling the hole, we match the existing wall finish, but exact matching cannot be guaranteed.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that all existing flues are in good condition, free from obstruction and properly swept or cleaned before any installation. For the clearance of obstructed flues there will be an additional charge.
11. Ventilation provisions will be in accordance with the current regulations and codes of practice. Ventilation apertures must be under no circumstances be removed, or in any way obstructed.
12. Where it is necessary to connect new equipment to an existing system, we will not accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of the existing system which are required due to faults in the existing system; this includes any leaks to old pipework which may be caused by the increase in system water pressure.
13. When brickwork, stonework or other masonry must be made good e.g. Original flue position from old boiler, we require the client to provide the necessary bricks required for making good, with the correct quantity allowed for. Portland Plumbing & Heating will not provide for the bricks for these works unless specifically outlined in this quotation.
14. On the day of completion, should our engineer not be able to commission the new boiler fitted by Portland Plumbing & Heating, due to an existing problem with the system, including: valves, controls, electrics and gas, a commissioning charge of £75 will be applicable. A Portland Plumbing & Heating engineer will need to revisit the property to commission the boiler.
15. Unless it is otherwise stated in the quotation and schedule of works, Portland Plumbing & Heating will connect onto your home's existing electrical system. If the boiler location is changed as part of the schedule of works, then a new fused spur may be required. This quotation does not include the installation of a new fused spur, unless specifically stated. In the event that there is no fused spur present, the boiler will be commissioned on a temporary supply and it will be the home-owner's responsibly to upgrade the electrical supply to meet current regulations.
16. If the boiler is to be installed in the loft or at another high location, it is the customers responsibility to install any relevant accessibility parts such as fixed loft ladder, lights, fixed surface/platform, hand rails etc.
17. As Gas Safe Registered engineers, we are required to connect any gas appliance to a gas supply that is safe and sound. Consequently we will need to carry out a gas soundness test on the first day of the installation of any new boiler or heating system, should there be any leak or defect within the existing gas pipe work we would have no alternative but to condemn the supply, or take steps to make the supply safe as necessary or re-pipe the supply prior to the installation work being carried out; although a rare occurrence, any such work is totally unforeseen and may incur additional costs to that shown in this quotation.
18. We cannot accept liability when the heating system does not work due to an inadequate water supply or pressure.
19. This work does not include:
a. Renewing flooring or other joinery work not specified in the quotation
b. Incidental redecoration necessary following the execution of the installation or works, unless damage is caused by our negligence.
20. The lifting of floor covering, including carpets, tongue and groove flooring and lino tiles may be necessary and you accept that damage may occur in lifting and relaying this for which we do not accept responsibility, unless damage is caused by our negligence.
21. Whilst every care will be taken by the Company it accepts no liability for any damages to plaster work, decoration, flooring etc, which may be consequent upon the carrying out of the work detailed, unless specifically provided for in this quotation. Cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good but not permanently finished or redecorated. It should be anticipated that an amount of re-decoration may be required and this will be the Customer's responsibility and is not included in the price. Similarly the Company accepts no responsibility for damage which is attributable to structural defect or weakness unless such damage results from negligence on the part of the Company, its servants, workmen or assigns, unless damage is caused by our negligence.
22. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that any license, permit or other authority necessary for the execution of the work is obtained and that existing property boundaries are correctly defined.
23. We will remove all waste, unused materials and disconnected copper cylinders, old boiler and tanks
24. You will have 28days from the date of this quotation within which to accept. The price quoted will be held for a period of 28 days from the date of acceptance to allow for the completion work. Should you extend this period, we may increase our prices.
25.1 The client may give notice to terminate the contract in writing within 14 days of signing the quotation, this is known as the cooling off period.
25.2 The client may give notice to terminate the contract at any time before the proposed commencement date. Unless notice is given within 14 days of the date on which the client signed the quotation, then unless the quotation states otherwise, we will seek to recover all reasonable costs which may include the full deposit amount.
25.3 The supplier may give notice to terminate the contract if the client fails to make any payment to the supplier within 30 days of the payment date or commits any other material breach of the contract.
25.4 Either party may terminate the contract if the other party becomes insolvent or bankrupt or has a receiver, manager or administrative receiver or liquidator appointed.
25.5 Termination shall not affect the accrued rights and liabilities of the parties at the termination date.
26. It will be necessary to pay the deposit (if any) specified in the quotation to accept it. All reasonable costs incurred are non-refundable.
27. You will be required to pay us in full (less deposit paid, if any) for the satisfactory completion of those works.
28. You will be required to pay us in full (less deposit paid, if any) for the works carried out within 14 days of the invoice date; late payments will attract a 2% increase on a monthly basis.
29. The rate of VAT shall be that applying as at the tax point and in the event of the rate of VAT changing between the order being placed and the tax point, you shall be liable for the revised rate of VAT.
30. Works carried out by us will be guaranteed for one year, however if the works involve the replacement of specific parts of a system, we will only guarantee works in relation to those specific parts.
31. Personal Guarantees and Warranties provided from Portland Plumbing and Heating are not insurance backed.
32. These terms and conditions together with the quotation set out the whole agreement between you and us.
33. These terms and conditions may only be varied in writing signed by one of our directors.
34. We are not liable for any consequential losses arising from the works or the performance of our obligations, unless caused by our negligence.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied. To ensure we are able to put things right as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible by phone, email or letter Phone 07821532935, email: email@example.com, Address: /Complaints, Portland plumbing and heating, 62 lake view, Pontefract, WF8 1JJ
We aim to respond within 7 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.